When on campus, it can be difficult to find lunch on the cheap, but these secret spots you’ll find that it’s harder to spend more than five dollars! All of the places listed below are not only cheap but they are within a three block radius of the Parsons 2 West 13th Street building. So during that 15 minute drawing break, you’re not going to drop twelve dollars on fast food! And if you’re still hungry, a stop at the Union Square Greenmarket will always give you the perfect fresh and nutritious snack to go with your cheap delights.
- Murray’s Bagels (6th Ave. and 13th St.) – Small lentil soup and a bagel for $3.75.
- New Valentino Market (5th Ave. and 13th St.) – Yes, I know it’s a deli, but they have a delicious egg and cheese bagel for $1.95.
- Grey’s Papya (6th Ave. and 8th St.) – Recession Special: 2 hot dogs and a mango drink for $4.75
- Fruit Stand (6th Ave. and 14th St.) – Four bananas for $1.00! What the What!
- Jamba Juice (University Pl. and 13th St.) – On Wednesdays buy any drink and it comes with a delicious oatmeal for a dollar.
- Rafiqi’s Halal Cart (5th Ave. and 13th St.) – Good cheap falafel right outside of Parsons for $2.50. They even upgraded to a food truck!
- University Gourmet Deli (6th Ave. and 13th St.) – Grilled cheese for the low price of $3.25.
- Lenny’s (6th Ave. and 10th St.) – A decent sandwich for $4.75.